Problems in Connecting to Oracle

Thread: Problems in Connecting to Oracle

Default Problems in Connecting to Oracle

Hi <BR>I am running PWS on my NT workstation and trying to connect to an Oracle database.When I try to connect I get an error message <BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for Oracle error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR>Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-01019 <BR>/cdsearch/oracletest.asp, line 20 <BR>I am able to connect to other databases like Access and SQL Server.ADO 2.0 is what I use.<BR><BR>Can anybody tell me what is wrong ?<BR><BR>Thanks for U r time.<BR>

Ian kirkup Guest

Default RE: Problems in Connecting to Oracle

Hi,<BR>there are lots fo problems connecting to oracle.<BR>I advice you not to go for oracle.<BR>Better you try for SQL server.<BR><BR>Thanks

True there can be some problems connecting to oracle. However, Oracle and ASP do work well together. I think the error above is a password problem of sorts. Make sure that you are running SQL Plus and install of the components correctly. You can download it from Oracle&#039s site, after registering. The connection string is usually the same as SQL Server&#039s. I am connecting to an oracle database using ado 2.0 and it is super fast.<BR>

the error that you get actually means that you there is an incorrect version of a .DLL file on the computer. If you encounter this error, then you are probably using SQL*Net version 2.2. You will need to search for the file ORA73.dll and rename it to ORA73.BLL.<BR>