Database connection with windows 2000. HOW ?!

Thread: Database connection with windows 2000. HOW ?!

Patty Guest

Default Database connection with windows 2000. HOW ?!

How do I create a database connection on windows 2000? The old way does not work:<BR><BR>----------------------<BR>set Conn=server.createobject("adodb.Connection")<BR>Co "Passwrd"<BR>UserAuthenticated = "SELECT * FROM PasswordTable WHERE Name=&#039" & user & "&#039 AND Password=&#039" & Request.Form("UserPassGiven") & "&#039"<BR>set Rs = Conn.execute(UserAuthenticated)<BR>----------------------<BR><BR>When I execute these codes, I get the following error:<BR><BR>-----------------------<BR>HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error<BR>Internet Information Services<BR><BR>Technical Information (for support personnel)<BR><BR>Error Type:<BR>Provider (0x80004005)<BR>Unspecified error<BR>/scripts/mydocs/verify.asp, line 4<BR>-----------------------------------<BR>Line 4 is this line : <BR><BR> "Passwrd" &#039(this is the DSN, I am using Msaccess 2k)<BR><BR>I have also verified the permissions on the .mdb file. I made sure that "Everyone has Full access" to the database.<BR><BR>How do I create a DSN connection on win2k pro ?<BR>Any help is greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>Thank you.<BR>Patty<BR><BR>

Conrad Guest

Default RE: Database connection with windows 2000. HOW ?!

To create a DSN in Win2000 go to the control panel then go to administrative Tools and then click on the Date Sources(ODBC) icon. The rest is just like Win NT 4.0.

Default RE: Database connection with windows 2000. HOW ?!

It could be perhaps the driver you are using.. did u pick the right one when you created your dsn?<BR><BR>You want to create a dsn in windows 2000 using the odbc manager<BR><BR>try fooling around with it.. i think you want a SYSTEM dsn<BR>