IIS cannot serve ASP pages

Thread: IIS cannot serve ASP pages

Default IIS cannot serve ASP pages

I am unable to get IIS to serve any ASP pages. HTML serves fine, but when I try to hit an ASP page I get a 500 Internal Server Error. I have tried the simplest of ASP pages:<BR><BR>&#060;HTML&#062;<BR>&#060;HEAD&#062; <BR>&#060;/HEAD&#062;<BR>&#060;BODY&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>Respo nse.Write("Test")<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;/BODY&#062;<BR>&#060;/HTML&#062;<BR><BR>and it still does not work. The ASP pages I need to get working have been working for months using Chili!ASP, and they work on another server running IIS. If anyone has any idea why this is happening I would appreciate it if they were to drop a line at Mike.Nelis@mail.bcop.com. Thanks for your help.

Markkk Guest

Default RE: IIS cannot serve ASP pages

Make sure that IIS Settings allow the asp SCRIPT to be READ and run on the web server.<BR><BR>Check the Properties of the Virtual Directory and the asp file itself.<BR><BR>Make sure that READ checkbox is checked as part of Access Permissions (to allow IIS to Access and READ the file).<BR><BR>Make sure that the SCRIPT or EXECUTE bullet is checked (to allow IIS to process asp script found in the file).<BR><BR>Try rebooting the server, if all else fails.<BR><BR>I hope this helps.