How do you make an HTTP Request with ASP (VBScript

Thread: How do you make an HTTP Request with ASP (VBScript

Eric Wallin Guest

Default How do you make an HTTP Request with ASP (VBScript

I would like to instantiate some sort of object that will let me execute an HTTP request, and then get a handle on the source of the document referenced by the URL. This can _easily_ be done with PerlScript (using the various HTTP objects), but I would like to only use VBScript if possible...any ideas?

Default RE: How do you make an HTTP Request with ASP (VBSc

Type following string in client side (VBSCRIPT) in your ASP Page<BR><BR>window.document.location.href = "&#060;URL Address&#062;"

Eric Wallin Guest

I&#039m looking for a server side fetch of another document. I want the server to go get the document, process it, and then send a portion of it to the client.

I suppose u have following sceen<BR><BR>u have two server loaded with ur coded ASP pages. if it so then<BR><BR>1) Server 1<BR> Page1.asp<BR>2) Server 2<BR> Page2.asp<BR>3) User is accessing Page2.ASP with which user will enter some details<BR>4) Put following in &#060;Form&#062; tag of HTML<BR> &#060;form action="http://Server1/Page1.asp" method="POST"&#062;<BR> &#060;-- data entery screen --&#062;<BR> &#060;/form&#062;<BR>5) Now doing so your request will transer to server1/page1.asp processes it <BR>6) on same page put following statement after your procesing logic is over<BR> window.document.location.href = "http://server2/pages2.asp?&#060;your desired parameter to be returned to page 2 on server2&#062;" <BR><BR>i.e pass your data in querystring format to server2/age2.asp<BR>7) put the logic for handling of the above parameters in page1. u can very well put the logic on some other page on server2 or server1 but take care of the putting the page name in above html tages.<BR><BR>i hope this will solve u r pb. if not tell me in details abut the pb.<BR><BR>bye