Silly Simple Request.QueryString

Thread: Silly Simple Request.QueryString

Chris Nowell Guest

Default Silly Simple Request.QueryString

I&#039m just starting out with ASP, and have found myself at a very elemental standstill. The cornerstone of a rather large script I was writing was to pass in some data from a Flash Movie. When it didn&#039t work, I went into trouble shooting mode, and I discovered that the bug was that I didn&#039t know how to use request properly. Here is a simple script (test)with which I&#039m trying to learn how to use request:<BR>&#060;%@ LANGUAGE="VBSCRIPT" %&#062;<BR>&#060;HTML&#062;<BR>&#060;BODY&#062;<BR >&#060;%<BR> Dim SearchText<BR> testvar="test"<BR> SearchText=Request.QueryString("search")<BR> Response.Write(SearchText)<BR> Response.Write(testvar)<BR>%&#062; <BR>&#060;/BODY&#062;<BR>&#060;/HTML&#062;<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>Now, when I run <BR>test.asp?search=Hello<BR>the word Hello doesn&#039t appear on the screen, but test does. My host does support ASPs, but I seem to be missing something in the script. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Please send me a copy at<BR>Thanks,<BR>Chris<BR><BR> <BR>

Ritesh Guest

Default Try changing the variable name from "search" to so

The script seems to be perfectly ok. But when I tried using the same I got the same result. But I changed the variable name and it worked. Apparently ASP is treating the varname "search" as something in built.