text box not accessible to user

Thread: text box not accessible to user

ifred Guest

Default text box not accessible to user

I want to put a text box in a form, this text box will have a specific value, and i want to prevent the user from changing this value,i need it constant all the time.<BR><BR>Thanks

Default RE: text box not accessible to user

I will answer your question and give you 2 ways of doing it if you can please answer my question.. it&#039s right below this one..<BR><BR>it&#039s the one about the vb vars =)<BR><BR>sorry i have to do a tradeoff but i really need this answer and nobody ever helps out others anymore..<BR><BR>just want to give u like some motivation k?<BR><BR>thanks..<BR><BR>i&#039ll help u out either way but like could u c wut u can do?

Default RE: text box not accessible to user

You could do it like this:<BR>&#060;textarea cols="10" rows="10" name="FormName" readonly&#062;blah blah blah blah and blah blah text here.<BR>&#060;/textarea&#062;<BR><BR>If you want it to be a contstant use &#060;textarea...&#062;&#060;%=MyVar%&#062;&#06 0;/textarea&#062;

iScott Guest

Default note

It is HTML 4.0 specific, so if you get older browsers it will not prevent them from altering it&#039s content. You could always just print it out and use a hidden field to keep the value if needed. Also make sure you deal with double quotes, since HTML likes to chop fields off if you display something in them with a a double quote.