Frames, ASP And Refreshing

Thread: Frames, ASP And Refreshing

Aaron M Guest

Default Frames, ASP And Refreshing

Hi, this is my first time on here , etc..<BR><BR>I&#039m currently in the process of creating an ASP Web Database Application system. I have used a frames system, so that all of the pages display a common header. <BR><BR>What I would like is to implement a way so that when a user does certain things in the various ASP pages, the header changes to display these changes. For example, when a user logs in, their user name is displayed in the header. <BR><BR>Any help would be much appreachated<BR><BR>Thanks in advance,<BR><BR>Aaron

Default pretty simple..

if i understand your question correctly, then this should be a simple problem...<BR><BR>in the page that authenticates the user (`agreeing`) that they are logged on, just response write a little bit of javascript...<BR><BR>ex: the javascript should look maybe something like this:<BR><BR>function do() {<BR>top.framenamewithheader.location = "/file.asp"<BR>}<BR><BR>that is the idea.. call the function and have file.asp display the user name or whatever.. make sure that file checks to see if you are logged in!<BR><BR>hope that helps

Aaron M Guest

Default RE: pretty simple..

Cheers! Like I say I&#039m pretty new to ASP and Scripting, but I think from my limited knowledge that should work.<BR><BR>Thanks again!<BR><BR>Aaron