Connection Error

Thread: Connection Error

Mandy Guest

Default Connection Error

Hi<BR><BR>I have just uploaded my site onto a virtual server with an ISP. When I try and make a connection to a database I get the following error<BR><BR>_____________________________________ ___________________ <BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file &#039(unknown)&#039. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission to view its data. <BR>/data/connection/connectionstring.asp, line 23 <BR>______________________________________________ __________<BR><BR>Whenever I’ve had this error message before it is when I’ve got a table open in design view. Does anyone know why this is happening now?<BR><BR>TIA<BR><BR>Mandy

Default RE: Connection Error

This usually means that Access doesn&#039t like the user IUSR_machinename. If you can put the .mdb file on the web server, things should be OK. If not, you have to give IUSR_machinename read+write privileges to the directory and file for each possible machinename. I can think of things I&#039d rather do.