Using the Ad Rotator

Thread: Using the Ad Rotator

atti Guest

Default Using the Ad Rotator

Help! I have followed the instructions on the Ad Rotator and the rotating ads work wonderfully except that they do not link to the relevant web sites, although I think I have followed the instructions!:<BR><BR>In my text file I have written:<BR><BR>width 72<BR>height 72<BR>border 1<BR>*<BR><BR><BR>ada-test<BR>20<BR><BR><BR><BR>adb-test<BR>30<BR><BR><BR>adc-test<BR>50<BR><BR>On my banner page I have inserted the code as follows and this works: whereas the code in the Ad-Rotator instructions was slightly different, and did not work,<BR><BR>&#060;% Set Ad = Server.CreateObject("MSWC.Adrotator") %&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%= Ad.GetAdvertisement("advert.txt") %&#062;<BR><BR><BR>The ads rotate wonderfully, but what should I do to make it each of the three ads link to the relevant URL when clicked?<BR><BR>Hoping someone may help me! Ihave spent hours on this!<BR><BR>Atti

Mathew James Guest

Default RE: Using the Ad Rotator

Hi, There is one problem i your code.<BR>The first statement should be a Redirect afilename.<BR>Here the file name I have given as Redirect.asp<BR>The code is given below.<BR><BR>Redirect Redirect.asp<BR>width 470<BR>height 62<BR>border 0<BR>*<BR>http://yourserver/banner/banr1.gif<BR><BR>Please wait for Banner created by Mathews<BR>30<BR><BR>In Redirect.asp u have to code<BR><BR>&#060;%@ Language=VBScript %&#062;<BR>&#060;%Response.Buffer =true%&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;% temp = Request.QueryString("url") <BR> Response.Redirect (temp)<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Now if u click the banner it will go correspondingly to<BR><BR>Mathew James.<BR>(CMOS Soft Bangalore, India.)<BR>