Help with form handling

Thread: Help with form handling

J. Randall Sexton Guest

Default Help with form handling

Hello:<BR><BR>I have spent a great deal of time in the past few days trying to learn how to implement a solution of processing the client-entered data from 3 HTML forms created with Dreamweaver.<BR><BR>My webhost,, provides support for ASP through ASPQmail. I&#039m assuming that I can use ASP w/out using ASPQmail?<BR>I thought about using another method, such as JMail, but they do not allow the installation of 3rd party software on their machines.<BR><BR>Can someone please direct me (or provide me) with a basic form and form_handler that will work with most NT hosts? I have been all over the place, cutting this, pasting that, customizing scripts for my SMTP and I am totally flustered, confused, and lost at this point.<BR><BR>If someone is willing, I would really appreciate the help. <BR><BR>I thank you all in advance for your time.<BR><BR>Sincerely,<BR>J. Randall Sexton<BR><BR>

2. #2 Guest

Default RE: Help with form handling

UUHHHMM,<BR>Hope this helps.<BR>1)Create a form with some basic inputs like<BR>&#060;form action=mail.asp method=post&#062;<BR>&#060;input type=text name=fname&#062;<BR>&#060;input type=submit&#062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR>2)create asp page named mail.asp<BR>code should look like this<BR>&#060;%<BR>&#039dim firstname and capture userinput from form.<BR>dim firstname<BR>firstname=Request.form("fname")<BR><B R>&#039call the asp mail object and put firstname in right spot.<BR>&#060;%<BR>Set Mail = Server.CreateObject("Persits.MailSender")<BR>Mail. Host = "" &#039 Specify a valid SMTP server<BR>Mail.From = "" &#039 Specify sender&#039s address<BR>Mail.FromName = "VeryHotCakes Sales" &#039 Specify sender&#039s name<BR><BR>Mail.AddAddress "", "Andrew Johnson, Jr."<BR>Mail.AddAddress "" &#039 Name is optional<BR>Mail.AddReplyTo ""<BR>Mail.AddAttachment "c:imagescakes.gif"<BR><BR>Mail.Subject = "Thanks for ordering our hot cakes!"<BR>Mail.Body = "Dear Sir:" & Chr(13) & Chr(10) & _<BR> "Thank you for your business."<BR><BR>On Error Resume Next<BR>Mail.Send<BR>If Err &#060;&#062; 0 Then<BR> Response.Write "Error encountered: " & Err.Description<BR>End If<BR>%&#062; <BR>