OLEDB connections and security?

Thread: OLEDB connections and security?

Brian Jones Guest

Default OLEDB connections and security?

How do you set where the system data base file is located in a OLEDB<BR>connection to an Access Dbase. I am getting an error "Cannot start your<BR>application, The workgroup information file is missing or opened exclusively<BR>by another user." <BR>This is what my code looks like for a connection:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>mySQL="select table1.[person] from table1 Order by table1.[person];"<BR>dim conntemp, rstemp<BR>dbname="dbase.mdb"<BR>dbsys="system.mdw" <BR>set rstemp=server.createobject("adodb.recordset")<BR>c onstr="Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0; Data<BR>Source=server.mappath(dbname); User ID=name; Password=secret;"<BR>rstemp.open mySQL, constr, dbopenstatic<BR>for i = 0 to request.form("number")<BR>response.write(rstemp.fi elds("person")&"<BR>")<BR>rstemp.movenext<BR>next< BR>%&#062;<BR>any Help!?!?!?<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>Brian Jones<BR>

Richard L. Guest

Default RE: OLEDB connections and security?

Hi Brian<BR><BR>Two possibilities for you:<BR><BR>1) Usually this error means that the SystemDB Key in the registry isn&#039t pointed correctly. Check this key in the registry at under<BR><BR>HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftOf fice8.0AccessJet3.5EnginesJet <BR><BR>Should be something like: C:WINDOWSSYSTEMsystem.mdw<BR><BR>Then make sure the file is there.<BR><BR>2) You can set the System DB for Access 97 in the string:<BR><BR>DSN=test;DBQ=c:myDB.mdb;DriverId=28 1;FIL=MS Access;MaxBufferSize=2048;PageTimeout=5;PWD=yourPa ss;SystemDB=c:system.mdw;UID=rlowe;<BR><BR>Note the different location of the SystemDB in the second option.<BR><BR>HTH!<BR>Richard L.