local server -urgent pls

Thread: local server -urgent pls

anamika Guest

Default local server -urgent pls

&nbsp;<BR>Consider i have 2 servers A and B where i&#039m accesing the data of server A from server B (the server i mention here is oracle). The validation done with the data is retrieved from Server A and the resultant o/p is stored only in B and not in A. the Server B is in Local ip<BR>How will i do this in ASP?<BR>I tried out with creating different DSN using the ip of SErver a and B<BR>but what i&#039m getting is that <BR><BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e4d&#039 <BR><BR>[Microsoft][ODBC driver for Oracle][Oracle]ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied <BR><BR>/aspdbs/datachng.asp, line 47 <BR><BR>where in line 47 is <BR><BR>Set Connser = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Connser .Open"DSN=test;uid=test;pwd=test" <BR><BR>

Default RE: local server -urgent pls

The fact that you&#039re getting an "invalid logon" error indicates to me that your connection to the database is working - otherwise it wouldn&#039t be able to tell you that your login is invalid. Check that you&#039ve got the right username and password.<BR><BR>Dunc