Paging like on

Thread: Paging like on

Default Paging like on

I need to add paging to our list customer page. I can page back and forth, first and last, that&#039s not the problem. Each page shows fifty records, but they want to be able to jump straight to say... page 20.<BR><BR>So in addition to the FIRST &#124 PREV &#124 NEXT &#124 LAST links, they want the list across the bottom like on goggle:<BR>[1][2][3][4][5]...[10]...[15]...[20]...[25]...[30]...[31][32][33][34]<BR>I don&#039t think they care if it has the 5X incrementation but it has been mentioned that it would look nice that way.<BR><BR>Trouble is, I&#039m not sure how to add this to my paging code. Does anyone know where I could find an example to get me started?<BR><BR>Thanks for any help you can give.<BR>Tim<BR>

Default RE: Paging like on

I don&#039t have any handy tutorials, but here&#039s some ideas.<BR><BR>All you really need to know to do this is:<BR>1. How many pages are there in the result set? Easy enough to figure out if you know the RecordCount and the PageSize.<BR>2. Which page are you on. You must already know this since you&#039re paging.<BR><BR>Given those 2 pieces of information all you need is to loop from 1 to &#060;number of pages&#062; and write out a link. If you do this as a function or sub you&#039ll be able to put it anywhere on the page you want (always handy, they usually say "put it at the bottom" and then come back with "put it at the top as well"...)<BR><BR>Dunc