Show me the money!

Thread: Show me the money!

Papa Zito Guest

Default Show me the money!

On some of my pages, my queries are pulling 1000 + records at a time. This makes for pretty slow loading of the page. What I&#039d like to do is have ASP print out what it&#039s pulling as it&#039s pulling it, instead of doing what it&#039s doing now, which is printing everything out once it&#039s finished. How do I do this?

Default RE: Show me the money!

Response.Buffer = false<BR><BR>Dunc

Papa Zito Guest

Default RE: Show me the money! (Act 2)

Well, I tried that, and it didn&#039t change the behavior any... any other ideas?

ed Guest

Default RE: Show me the money! (Act 2)

you need set up response buffering*, go get some records (maybe 50) then do response.flush then repeat<BR><BR>*

Papa Zito Guest

Default RE: Show me the money! (Act 2, Scene 2)

I put the Response.Flush in my outer loop, so that each time it went to a new entry in the outer loop, it would print that. I&#039m probably doing something wrong there. In addition, I got this nifty new error :<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 8007000e&#039 <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] Cannot open any more tables. <BR><BR>/cis/CWOTC.asp, line 58 <BR><BR><BR>Never seen that one before.<BR><BR>Basic set up of page :<BR><BR>--Outer Loop--<BR> -Print Results of Outer Loop-<BR>--Inner Loop--<BR> -Print Results of Inner Loop (which is based on Outer Loop)-<BR>--Ultra Inner Loop--<BR> -Performs a calculation based on what&#039s in the Inner Loop and prints it-<BR>--Loop Ultra Inner--<BR>--Loop Inner--<BR>--Flush buffer--<BR>--Loop Outer--

ed Guest

OK I&#039ve found the article you need. Near the bottom of the page it shows how to send (i.e. flush) a number of rows at a time from a recordset to the user. <BR><BR>It sounds like you are doing lots of queries or opening lots of recordsets or something. Hope it helps,<BR><BR>ed<BR><BR><BR><BR>

Skippie Guest

If the data is displayed inside an HTML table, then the browser<BR>will not display any part of the table until all of it&#039s<BR>contents are written and the ending table tag is displayed.<BR><BR>Write the stuff without using a table and see what happens.<BR><BR>-- Skippie