Problem With Upload Component

Thread: Problem With Upload Component

Default Problem With Upload Component

I have made an upload component. The problem I am having is that every file other than a text file that I upload, ends up in some sort of altered binary format. For instance an image gives me the following error when I try to open it in Photoshop. Could not open document because the file format module cannot parse file. Word docs end up looking something like the following <BR><BR>
    tf1ansiansicpg1252uc1 deff0deflang1033deflangfe1033{fonttbl{f0fromanfcha rset0fprq2{*panose 02020603050405020304}Times New Roman;}{f1fswissfcharset0fprq2{*panose 020b0604020202020204}Arial;}<BR>{f3fromanfcharset2 fprq0{*panose <BR><BR>But text files come out just fine.<BR><BR>Does anyone have any suggestions?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance,<BR>

Darren Hoefgen Guest

Default RE: Problem With Upload Component

Set transfer type (I assume FTP) to binary - it probably defaults to ASCII

Srilatha Guest

Default RE: Problem With Upload Component

Friend Rick,<BR><BR>I have been experiencing a similar problem except that i do a respons.binarywrite(file) to display my word file contents on browser. But the conversion box is prompted, eventually my file contents are displayed in binary format except for the text portion. <BR><BR>Have you managed to resolve this, if so pls... . let me know the solution.<BR>Thanks,<BR>Srilatha