Thread: CSS/DHTML Help

NetDevr Guest

Default CSS/DHTML Help

Hello everyone. I am having some problems. I have a link that I want to be manipulated by CSS. I created a class that defines the default display of the link, and a hover segment that should change the link when the link is...hovered:). First, here is my css code:<BR>=============begin code:<BR>&#060;style type="text/css"&#062;<BR> &#060;!--<BR>.memberlink{text-decoration:none; color:white}<BR>.memberlink:hover{color:4c50ec; filter:glow(color=white,strength=5)}<BR> --&#062;<BR>&#060;/style&#062;<BR>=======end code<BR>Now, here is the implementation of the code:<BR>=====begin code:<BR>&#060;a id="registration link" class="memberlink" href="register.asp"&#062;Register&#060;/a&#062;<BR>=========end code<BR>Now, here is the problem. When the page loads it displays the link correctly(no text decoration, color=white). But when I hover the link, it only changes color to #4c50ec; it doesn&#039t glow. If anyone knows why it isn&#039t glowing, please help. Thanks in advance.

Default RE: CSS/DHTML Help

this&#039ll only work in IE and isn&#039t part of the CSS1 Spec - the :hover attribute i mean, never mind the filter<BR><BR>i assume you&#039ve tested the filter without it being in the :hover ?<BR><BR>it could just be something you&#039ll have to accept, and I&#039d say you&#039d be better off using an image swap, since then it&#039ll work in all browsers from IE3/NN3 upwards<BR><BR>jason

sm549 Guest

I agree with jason, unless you&#039re on intranet or serving up separate pages per browser it won&#039t work.<BR><BR>If you&#039re determined to use glow, add a height attribute. IE requires a positioning attribute before some of these fancy styles will kick in.<BR><BR>.memberlink:hover{color:4c50ec; filter:glow(color=white,strength=5); height:20;}<BR><BR>HIH<BR><BR><BR>

NetDevr Guest

The page is already graphic intensive, so I fooled around and realized that I need a width(or height) attribute and that got it. Thanks your your help, and Jason, why didn&#039t you think of that? Thanks sm549