Sending email in ASP with CDO

Thread: Sending email in ASP with CDO

Jerry Luna Guest

Default Sending email in ASP with CDO

I have built a very simple page to send an email to myself from an ASP page, which takes a form entry. Microsoft SMTP service is running. When I load the page, no email gets sent. Am I missing something here? Would the fact that I am running a 3rd party SMTP server called IMAIL Server be causing a conflict?<BR><BR>My code is as follows:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim objMail<BR>Set objMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.Newmail")<BR>objMail.F rom = Request.QueryString("Email")<BR>objMail.To = "jerry@rubiconfs.com"<BR>objMail.Subject = "New contact information from rubiconfs.com"<BR>objMail.Body = Request.QueryString("FName")<BR>objMail.Send<BR>Se t objMail = Nothing<BR>&#037;&#062;<BR><BR>Thanks for any help..<BR><BR>Jerry Luna<BR>jerry@rubiconfs.com

Default RE: Sending email in ASP with CDO

Try doing this: On the line that reads objMail.Send,<BR>make it read like this:<BR>objMail.Send(objMail.From, objMail.To, objMail.Subject, _<BR> objMail.Body)<BR>According to my book the only parameters that are mandatory is the objMail.From, the rest are optional.<BR><BR>