REDIRECTING

Thread: REDIRECTING

Default REDIRECTING

I have 2 ASP pages say One.asp and Two.asp. From one.asp I am calling Two.asp and from Two.asp I am going back to One.asp through response.redirect so all my values in one.asp is cleared, but I dont want those to be cleared. What should I do to implement this without using session variables.

rinku Guest

Default RE: REDIRECTING

You can use hidden fields to pass the values from one.asp to two.asp.

rinku Guest

You can use hidden fields to pass the values from one.asp to two.asp.

Use a querystring.

Zac Odom Guest

Your can grab the values from one.asp with a request.querystring and send them in the url to the next page as in response.redirect(two.asp?variable1&variable2) and then grab them again with request.querystring.<BR>hope this helps,<BR>zac odom

When you are going to two.asp, I guess u must be posting the information using form. In two.asp, put the input values in session variables. Now when u go back to One.asp, use session variable to get the input values.<BR>

Vivek Nama Guest

Default REDIRECTING dirty way out

other than querystring and form collection usage<BR>try something like this on end of server side execution of page2.asp<BR>&#060;client script&#062;<BR>history.go(-1);<BR>

ActiveALLI Guest

Default RE: REDIRECTING dirty way out

Finally someone wrote something makeing sence ... i can just imagine an queryString with input from several variables beeing splashed on ... Thats right you should use Client side if you want the form to stay !! .. alltough i must say i am confused.. why would you want the user to get the form again after input, unless you are redirecting him back becouse the initial input had Errors if so i find it cute to put in a if statement that seeks if you have been redirected be couse a Error accured then explain the Error and offer the user to refill the form with a button &#060;A HREF="Javascript:history.go(-1)"&#062;refill the form&#060;/A&#062;<BR><BR>

I have the same problem and i tried using history.go(-1) it didn&#039t work . I am using to validate the area code for the phonenumber Any help would be really appreciated. I don&#039t want to use querystring and session variables.<BR>