Simple ASP Error that makes no sense, help!

Thread: Simple ASP Error that makes no sense, help!

DaveM Guest

Default Simple ASP Error that makes no sense, help!

I have an error that is baffling me. I&#039m trying to insert some data into a SQL Server Database. The funny thing is that I can insert the data fine but when I go to close out the objects I keep getting this error message that says: "The operation requested by the application is not allowed if the object is closed." If I do not close my objects the error does not come up and my data still inserts fine. If closing my objects wasn&#039t important than I wouldn&#039t be worried about this. I&#039m not trying to do anything after closing my objects but for what ever reason my ASP Page thinks that I am. Any help would be appreciated. Here is my code<BR><BR>Dim objConn, objRS, strSQL<BR>strSQL = &#039INSERT Statement<BR>&#039this function just creates a connection to the database <BR>&#039with the connection string<BR>Set objConn = GetConnection()<BR>Set objRS = objConn.Execute(strSQL)<BR>%&#062;<BR>Thanks for updating<BR><BR>If you would like to view the Listings, &#060;a href="results.asp"&#062;click here&#060;/a&#062;.<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>objRS.Close<BR>Set objRS=nothing<BR>objConn.Close<BR>Set objConn=nothing<BR>%&#062;

DaveM Guest

Default Brainfart, nevermind.....

I got it.