please help! server vs. localmachine

Thread: please help! server vs. localmachine

Default please help! server vs. localmachine

Hello there,<BR><BR>I realy do not understand. i&#039v got a number of scripts working together making it posible to password protect, updating, viewing and adding records. On a localmachine everything (finaly) works fine, but when i upload it on the server i can&#039t add or update, viewing works fine. I,ve included an addcode and the connectionfiles. Why can&#039t i change the DSNless connection to a DSN connection in these file below? Can anyone tell me why it doesn&#039t work on the server but works fine localy? One other thing is that i don&#039t recieve error massages, just a http 500 error. <BR>Thanks.<BR>=================================== ==============================<BR>Addfile.<BR>&#06 0;%<BR>CategoryID = Request.QueryString("Category")<BR>If Len(CategoryID) = 0 Then<BR>Response.write "No Category"<BR>Else<BR>SiteURL = lcase(Trim(Request.Form("SiteURL")))<BR>If Len(SiteURL) = 0 Then SiteURL = "http://"<BR>If Len(Request.Form("AddLink")) &#062; 0 Then<BR>SiteName = Trim(Request.Form("SiteName"))<BR>SiteDescription = Trim(Request.Form("SiteDescription")) <BR>If Len(SiteName) = 0 Or SiteURL = "http://" Or Len(SiteDescription) = 0 Then<BR>ErrorMessage="All fields must be entered"<BR>Else<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;!--#INCLUDE file=""--&#062;<BR>&#060;!--#INCLUDE file="openconn.asp"--&#062;<BR>&#060;%<BR>objConn.Execute "INSERT INTO Links(Name,URL,Description,Category) VALUES(""" & Replace(StripHTML(SiteName),"""","""""") & """,""" & SiteURL & """,""" & Replace(StripHTML(SiteDescription),"""","""""") & """," & CategoryID & ")"<BR>objConn.Close<BR>Set objConn = Nothing<BR>Response.redirect "links.asp?category=" & CategoryID<BR>End If<BR>End If <BR>%<BR><BR>connectionfile<BR>&#060;%<BR>dim objconn<BR>Set objConn = CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>objConn.Open(" Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=" & Server.MapPath("begingids.mdb"))<BR> <BR>%&#062;<BR>=================================== =============================<BR>connectionfile two<BR>&#060;% If Len(Session("UserID")) = 0 Then Response.redirect "default.asp" %&#062;<BR>&#060;!--#INCLUDE file="openconnection.asp"--&#062;<BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: please help! server vs. localmachine

I think the problem is in your objconn. If you don&#039t specify a cursor type, by default you get a Static cursor(read only).

Markkk Guest

Default RE: please help! server vs. localmachine

Q1: Is the "localmachine" that work properly a Win95/98 machine running PWS?<BR><BR>Q2: Is the server that doesn&#039t work an WinNT or Win2000 server running IIS?<BR><BR>If yes, you may be having authentication/NTFS permission problems on the non-working server. You may want to verify that the IIS anonymous user Account (usually IUSR_machinename) has appropriate NTFS permissions to CHANGE the database. If you can READ the database and create recordsets, then you know (at least) that the IIS anonymous account has READ permission. If you are authenticating your users, then make sure that the authernticated user accounts also have CHANGE permissions.<BR><BR>Tell me more.<BR><BR>P.S. The term "localmachine" can be misleading. Whatever macine you are working on IS the localmachine; whether it be a Win95 machine running PWS, and NT box running IIS, or a UNIX box running Apache.<BR>