ASP Pages and Printing

Thread: ASP Pages and Printing

Fergal Guest

Default ASP Pages and Printing

Hi there,<BR><BR>I am working on an application which uses an asp page to display data concerning a specific item (got from an sql server database)<BR><BR>The data is displayed in a series of textboxes etc. formatted nice and neatly with a large textarea for the description of the item at the bottom of the page. I would like to offer the user the option to print this page.<BR><BR>Printing from the browser presents the problem of "what you see is what you get", it will only print the page as seen on the browser. If the description is large, then the textarea will, of course, have scroll bars to allow ths user to see all of the text, but not all of the text will be printed (only what can be seen).<BR><BR>So, what is the best way of printing all of the information needed i.e all the details including all of the description, no matter how long it is!! Do I need to transfer the info to another page and print from there, how do I dynamically present/print the description which, in effect, could be of any length? <BR><BR>Any thoughts/ideas would be graetly appreciated.<BR><BR>Regards<BR><BR>

Default RE: ASP Pages and Printing

Keep it simple,<BR><BR>use a table, that way all related information stays in relative proximity to where it is supposed to, use &#060;table border=0&#062; and have at it.<BR><BR>My opinion as to the best way.