Thread: AGGHH!

8575 Guest

Default AGGHH!

As I loop through table. I reach group id. I response.write each record, I need to know when a record has a group id , if it does then response.write the records with that id TOGETHER, then group the next ones together and so forth.<BR>1) some records have group id some dont<BR>2) records can have many different ids<BR>

al dawg Guest

Default RE: AGGHH!

In your sql statement:<BR><BR>select * from thetable group by groupid<BR><BR>I don&#039t know how well that works, but I saw it on<BR><BR>Good luck

8575 Guest

Default RE: AGGHH! (anyone else...)

i dont want to open another connection or query the database again

al dawg Guest

why would you have to open the database again? that should be able to go right in your original sql statement.<BR>

Just put the GROUP BY in your original select statement....<BR>then use <BR>if rsRecSet("groupID")&#060;&#062;"" then<BR>out the output<BR>end if<BR>????<BR>SteveF<BR>

8575 Guest

I need all the records to be dispalyed.<BR>Some records have a groupid, which tell if it is a part of a group, not all have them, and they can be different.<BR>IF I group, by what happens to the records that are not apart of a group?<BR>And, I need to know when a group changes so I can add a break or new table.

as3 Guest

Add an ORDER BY groupid in your sql.<BR>Then, assuming you have numeric groupid&#039s, you can then compare recordset.groupid value vs last value (remember to store it in a tmpvar) and if it&#039s different, end your table and start a new one, change the TD bgcolor or add a group heading. All like groups should be together, including records without a groupid.