I have a page with just a few lines of code on it for testing, this same code used to work on the production server fine for a while now, and still works great on my local dev machine. <BR>&#060;%@ Transaction = Required %&#062;<BR>&#060;% Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR> objConn.Open Application("ConnectString")<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>The connect string is fine, I can write it out, looks great, I can open the connection, create a recordset, read from the rs, etc..., fine, but ONLY IF, the Transaction Declarative at the top is commented out. All pages that don&#039t use a Transaction Declarative work fine with the same Connection. It&#039s just when I have both the Transaction Declarative, and open the connection, that it fails. The error points to the open.connection line. <BR><BR>The error is:<BR>Desc: Distributed Transaction Error<BR>Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server<BR>Number: -2147168246<BR><BR>DTC is started on both the calling and called machine, tried rebooting of course, MSKB has one page with that error code in it, but the error message is different. Their error message says, "Failed to Enlist on calling object&#039s transaction", which I&#039m not currently receiving. It also talks about the ODBC driver, which I&#039m not using, I&#039m going to the native SQL Provider. So the article was not much help so far.<BR><BR>In effort to try and remedy the problem the following upgrades have been applied/reapplied.<BR>MDAC 2.5<BR>NT Service pack 6a<BR>Visual Studio Service pack 4<BR>SQL Server Service pack 2, for SQL 7<BR>IE 5.5<BR><BR>I have no idea why it&#039s failing, I&#039ve tried everything I can think of. It still works on my development machine, just not on the server it&#039s going to be running on. There are no other problems on the server, just when using the Transaction Declarative. Please help! Your feedback is greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR>John