best way to do this and way

Thread: best way to do this and way

1. #1 Guest

Default best way to do this and way

I have results from a form being returned to me.<BR>Should I<BR>1)Put the values into array<BR>2)Put the values into session<BR>3)Start a loop for each item and start the processing<BR>4)Check for some values then start the loop and processing<BR>*Note: I do want to be able to return the user the form filled in with choices, so should I put them into sessions?<BR>I want the best way and why.<BR>Thank you for your time.

Default RE: best way to do this and way

I don&#039t know about the best way, there are many ways. I am not sure what yu want the end result to be but if you are using the form info as query criteria why don&#039t you set the action to the same page and put the processing code below the form inside an If/End If like this.<BR><BR>&#060;form Action="Thispage.asp" Method="Post"&#062;<BR>&#060;input type="text" name="Criteria1" value="&#060;%=request.form("Criteria1")%&#062;"&# 062;<BR>&#060;input type="text" name="Criteria2" value="&#060;%=request.form("Criteria2")%&#062;"&# 062;<BR>&#060;/form&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;% If Len(Request.form("Criteria1"))&#062; 0 And Len(Request.form("Criteria1"))&#062; 0 Then<BR><BR>Do your processing Here<BR><BR>End If %&#062;<BR>