best way to do this and why?

Thread: best way to do this and why?

1. #1 Guest

Default best way to do this and why?

I have results from a form being returned to me.<BR>Should I<BR>1)Put the values into array<BR>2)Put the values into sessions<BR>3)Start a loop for each item and start the processing<BR>4)Check for some values then start the loop and processing<BR>*Note: I do want to be able to return the user the form filled in with choices, so should I put them into sessions?<BR>I want the best way and why.<BR>Thank you for your time.

Josh Rolfe Guest

Default RE: best way to do this and why?

I would use session variables because you want the user to return to the form and have the appropriate parts already filled in. You&#039ll have to pass variables all over the place to do this without session variables. Depending on your situation, you could also try using the javascript history object. For example, if your user is entering some information and then submits it and wants to go back and enter some more but doesn&#039t want to re-enter his name, etc, then you could have a link that says "Enter more [whatever]" and the onclick event would be onclick="javascript: window.history.go(-1); return false;" This has the same effect as clicking the back button once, so the last values the entered into the form would still be there.