ONline Exams

Thread: ONline Exams

ChrisH Guest

Default ONline Exams

I&#039m building an online exam system, which uses a database to store the answers pupils give. The database table might contain information like this:<BR><BR>Exam Pupil Question Answer<BR>---- ----- -------- ------<BR>Sci1 Bob Why? Because<BR>Sci1 Ian Why? Why not?<BR>Sci1 Bob How? Easy!<BR>Sci2 Bob When? Today<BR><BR>What I want to do is get a list of all the people who have taken the exam - but my problem is that users will have more than one entry in the database (see how "Bob" has two entries for different questions). The same user may also have entries relating to an entirely different exam. Can anyone suggest a way that I can list all the names of people who have taken a specific exam, listing each one once only?<BR><BR>My thought was to use some sort of collection or array to keep track of who we&#039ve already seen - but I&#039m unsure how to implement this kind of thing (not too hot on VBScript).<BR><BR>Thanks in advance for your help.<BR><BR>Chris<BR>

Default RE: ONline Exams

Sure, just use a distinct like this<BR><BR>Select Distinct Pupil From TableName Where Exam = Sci1 Order By Pupil;<BR><BR>Hope this helps!