Mail + Form + Database

Thread: Mail + Form + Database

Henry Wijono Guest

Default Mail + Form + Database

Hi, <BR><BR>I am still relatively new with asp. But it looks pretty cool after programming a basic quick poll. <BR><BR>My question will be when a user submit his/her information, that information will be stored to a database, for instance access.<BR><BR>Then, how can I take that information and create a cookie to identity that particular user is the one that has actually filled in the information. <BR><BR>Is it easy to use username and password within this context. <BR>If so, what would be the resources or steps?<BR><BR>Thanks so much.<BR>Henry

Default RE: Mail + Form + Database

One way to accomplish what you are talking is to set a unique identifier (userID) in the database for each user. Once you have the userID then place that value in the cookie. Now if you want to know who you are dealing with, just query the database based on the userID in the cookie. <BR><BR>I&#039m not sure what you asking in the second part of your question, but I would not typically recomend placing a username and password in a cookie. If you want to retain the username and password then once again place the userID in the cookie and then retrieve the username and password to run through your logon function via the userID.<BR><BR>hope this gets you started at least<BR><BR>bart