Multiple Orders

Thread: Multiple Orders

Jens Janson Guest

Default Multiple Orders

I have only used ASP for 3 days now so please, I need help with this... Here&#039s the deal:<BR><BR>I have done an order page in asp were customers can make their order by marking a checkbox for each product they want and then click a send button.. All checkboxes have the same name but different values created by the db that the products are in. The send button sends the value of all marked checkboxes to order.asp with a "querystring" that looks something like this "/order.asp?id=productname"..<BR><BR>What I want to do next is to list all the marked products with name and price and then the customer confirms the order by entering his/her name and adress in a form and then send the order by email..<BR><BR>All of this works fine.... If only ONE product is bought... Otherwise the "querystring" looks like "/order.asp?id=productname1&id=productname2".. And the page I get is completely blank (no error messages)...<BR><BR>How can I make this work with multiple orders?? <BR><BR>The order.asp page looks like this:<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>ConnString= "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("database.mdb")<BR>Set conn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR><BR>Set order = Request.QueryString("id")<BR>strSQL = "SELECT * FROM Tablename WHERE Name=&#039"& order &"&#039 ORDER BY Title"<BR><BR>conn.Open ConnString<BR>rs.Open strSQL, conn<BR><BR>Do While Not rs.EOF<BR><BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;%=Rs("name")%&#062; <BR>&#060;%=Rs("price")%&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>r s.MoveNext<BR>Loop<BR><BR>rs.Close<BR>Set rs = Nothing<BR>conn.Close<BR>Set conn = Nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Please help me solve this.. Thanx in advance /Jens

Dhana Guest

Default RE: Multiple Orders

Hi there,<BR> u shouldn;t use query string for this. U have to submit the page, while submitting loop thru all the elements ( using the forms collection) and findout the products selected by the client and update the database

Default RE: Multiple Orders

Could you give me some example code on that? I&#039m Cut&#039N&#039Paste learning..