Global.asa .. questions..

Thread: Global.asa .. questions..

Global.asa eater Guest

Default Global.asa .. questions..

I have global.asa in the root directory of my website and the appropriate subs inside a <SCRIPT RUNAT=server> tag. It seems that no matter what I put in global.asa, it does not execute at all. Not when a page loads, nothing. Is there something special I have to do to get the appropriate subroutines inside Global.asa to execute? I was under the impression that all ASP pages simply searched for the nearest global.asa and ran it without having to tell them to. Please help!

Markkk Guest

Default RE: Global.asa .. questions..

"global.asa" files are associated with "ASP Applications".<BR><BR>When you create a new virtual directory in IIS, you have the option of setting the virtual directory as an "ASP Application". If you set it as an "ASP Application", then you can place a global.asa file in this root virtual directory for event handling (e.g. Session_OnStart, Session_OnEnd, etc.)<BR><BR>If you don&#039t setup the virtual directory as an "ASP Application", then the global.asa file is meaningless.<BR><BR>Caution: Do not nest ASP Applications. Make sure that each ASP Application is physically located outside all other ASP Applications, and outside of the root web directory too (C:Inetpubwwwroot).<BR><BR>I hope this helps!!!

Tom Levesque Guest

How do I do that from Front Page 2000?

Markkk Guest

You can&#039t (at least i don&#039t think you can in FP2000).<BR><BR>It must be done on the web server (IIS). Talk to your web server admin folks. Ask if they can set you up with your very own virtual directory and ASP Application.