Type mismatch error

Thread: Type mismatch error

Tanvi Guest

Default Type mismatch error

Hi,<BR>in activex dll project,I&#039ve &#039listdepartment&#039 method which returns recordset from &#039Departments&#039 table.The arguement for this listdepartment is passed as Byval.<BR>in my Visual interdev project(I&#039ve referenced the dll and it is working fine) in dept.asp file I&#039ve given the following code <BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim Department<BR>Set department = visits.catalogs.listDepartment(Request("id"))<BR>< BR>If not Department.EOF Then<BR>Response.Write "&#060;font class=medheading&#062;"<BR><BR><BR>Response.Write Department("name")<BR>Response.Write "&#060;/font&#062;"<BR>Response.Write "<BR>"<BR>End if<BR><BR>Department.close<BR>Set Department = Nothing<BR><BR><BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>Iam getting the following error<BR><BR>MallCommerce error &#039 800a000d&#039 <BR><BR>Type mismatch <BR><BR>/Modelcomm_local/dept.asp, line 14 <BR><BR>Could anybody help me how to get out of this problem?<BR>ThankYou<BR><BR>

KPW Guest

Default RE: Type mismatch error

I thought I had read somewhere on this board that arguments can be passed to DLLs ByRef only. Perhaps try that. Otherwise, make sure the value you are passing to the DLL is the same type as what your DLL is expecting (string, integer, etc.)<BR><BR>