Thread: Programmer

Default Programmer

How can I obtain tips (f.ex. "Click here to edit ...") when mouse pointer is over reference string (&#060;a href="EditData.asp"&#062; Edit Data&#060;/a&#062;). I used JScript.<BR>Thanks in advance.

Default how to cheat ( works in IE not in Netscrap)

A fast and dirty way to show messages on mouse-over is by making your link an image, and including your comments in the alt tag.<BR><BR>like so:<BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim Message<BR>Message = "click here to edit"<BR><BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;a href="EditData.asp"&#062;&#060;img src="images/EditButton.gif" alt="&#060;%=Message%&#062;"&#062;&#060;/a&#062;<BR><BR><BR>However - this only works in IE, not in that other browser.

Default Actually, i beg to differ

you missed the point of the question, and gave inaccurate facts<BR><BR>alt attributes do work in netscape, and besides, the guy&#039s asking about text links (and double, triple, quadruple posting it too. which is frowned upon)<BR><BR>the alt won&#039t work there, but title="" attribute, which is part of the HTML 4.0 specification does. however you were, ironically, correct in saying it wouldn&#039t work in netscape<BR><BR>Jason