Loading XML document from URL of another web serve

Thread: Loading XML document from URL of another web serve

Kim Grittner Guest

Default Loading XML document from URL of another web serve

The following ASP code will work in loading an XML document,<BR>so long as it is executed on the same server. When I try the<BR>ASP on another web server from the XMLSource it errors out.<BR>Isn&#039t it possible to load an XML document from the URL of another web server?<BR>&#060;%<BR>DIM XMLDoc<BR>DIM XMLSource<BR>Set XMLDoc = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")<BR>XMLSour ce = "http://www.mysite.com/myxml.xml"<BR>XMLDoc.async = false<BR>XMLDoc.load(XMLSource)<BR>%&#062;

Vivek Nama Guest

Default Loading XML document from URL of another web serve

that works on PWS though i had problems initially and i don&#039t know how they got solved on their own<BR>I still have some problem &#062;&#062; I CANNOT LOAD A URL in the MSXML.DOMDocument object i.e. xmll.load(URL) at line A<BR> THE CODE IS AS FOLLOWS<BR>&#060;%<BR>DIM xmll<BR>DIM XMLDoc<BR>DIM XMLSource<BR>Set XMLDoc = Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLDOM")<BR>Set xmll = Server.CreateObject("MSXML.DOMDocument")<BR>XMLSou rce = "http://anothermachine/test/xmlCars.xml"<BR>XMLDoc.async = false<BR>XMLDoc.load(XMLSource)<BR>xmll.load("c:my machinexmlVB&XMLxmlCars.xml") &#039 Line A<BR>%&#062;<BR>&#060;%= XMLDoc.xml %&#062;<BR>&#060;%= "<BR>" %&#062;<BR>&#060;%= xmll.xml %&#062;

jani Guest

Default RE: Loading XML document from URL of another web s

Microsoft says: It was not intended to load from another server, it is only intended to work from a client if you use it to load from an URL. That is because IIS uses another HTTP request protocol than Explorer.<BR>By the way take a look at www.refsnesdata.no/xml