Secure Email and Forms

Thread: Secure Email and Forms

Justin Grueneich Guest

Default Secure Email and Forms

My question is this: If I have my own Digital ID, and then I have to send an email to someone securely, I must use their public ID to do so. So far, I only know how to do this manually. In other words, I know how to compose a message using Outlook and then encrypting the message with a Digital ID and sending it. With that out of the way, I need to explain what I am trying to accomplish. I am currently designing a website and the company wants to have all information submitted via a form sent to them securely which we need my ID and the company&#039s for simplicity sakes. My Question is How do I do this? So far the only workaround I know of is to have the home user submit the form using SSL to a temp document on the web server. I would then have to manually grab that data and encrypt to send it securely. However, I would like the info from the form to be automatically sent securely using my ID and the company&#039s ID when the home user clicks submit. I know this is a tough question but it would be great to hear any input.<BR><BR>thanks.<BR><BR>Justin

Default RE: Secure Email and Forms

You can do this using ASPEncrypt, a component from Persits, Inc.<BR><BR>It can be a little daunting, but there is a decent tutorial at:<BR><BR>In my latest book (Designing Active Server Pages by O&#039Reilly, available in bookstores in mid-September) I have a chapter on various components and part of that chapter covers the ASPEncrypt component. I did get it to send digitally signed and encrypted emails, but it was a bit of a headache getting everything setup properly on the server...<BR><BR>You can download ASPEncrypt for a trial period and play around with it... see if it can&#039t do what you need...<BR><BR>Happy Programming!