Setting it all up.

Thread: Setting it all up.

Default Setting it all up.

This beginner needs help. I&#039m trying to extract some info from my Access database but something&#039s wrong. I ran this stuff before using Win98 and PWS, but has now installed Win2000 and there are alot more settings than I can comprehend!<BR><BR>I dunno if the DSN settings are correct though.<BR><BR>The current code looks like this:<BR> &#060;%<BR> Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR> connectme = "DSN=db"<BR> sqlstmt = "SELECT * from Name"<BR> sqlstmt, connectme<BR> If rs.eof then<BR> response.write "&#060;center&#062;"<BR> response.write "There are no records"<BR> response.write "<BR>Please check back later"<BR> response.write "&#060;/center&#062;"<BR> Else<BR> response.write "&#060;tr&#062;"<BR> response.write "&#060;td colspan=4 align=""center""&#062;"<BR> response.write "&#060;i&#062;&#060;h2&#062;DB posts&#060;/h2&#062;"<BR> response.write "&#060;/tr&#062;"<BR> StartCell="&#060;td&#062;&#060;font size=2&#062;"<BR> EndCell="&#060;/font&#062;&#060;/td&#062;"<BR> response.write "&#060;tr&#062;" & StartCell & "First Name" & EndCell & StartCell & "Last Name" & EndCell<BR> response.write "&#060;/tr&#062;"<BR><BR> Do while not rs.eof<BR> fname = rs("fname")<BR> lname = rs("lname")<BR> response.write "&#060;tr&#062;" <BR> response.write StartCell & fname & EndCell<BR> response.write StartCell & lname & EndCell<BR> response.write "&#060;/tr&#062;"<BR> rs.MoveNext<BR> loop<BR> End If<BR> rs.close<BR> set rs = nothing<BR> %&#062;<BR><BR>and the error I&#039m getting is:<BR><BR>"Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80004005)<BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver&#039s SQLSetConnectAttr failed"<BR><BR>Anyone able to help this lost puppy?<BR><BR>Regards,<BR>Kristian

Default RE: Setting it all up.

It would help *A LOT* if you would indicate WHICH line in all your code gets the error.<BR><BR>If it is the line that reads<BR>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;response.write StartCell & fname & EndCell<BR>(to pick a silly example) then I am completely and utterly mystified.<BR><BR>However...<BR><BR>I shall presume that the problem occurs on the Recordset.Open request. In which case it would appear that the "wrapper" code in OLE DB that in turn tries to use ODBC to connect to your DB is saying that one of the operations it thinks it needs to do to connect to the DB isn&#039t working. And what could that be? With Windows 2000 and Access, who knows. At a *pure guess*, I would say that the version of the ODBC drivers you are using to get to Access is simply not up-to-date enough for Win2000. <BR><BR>I think you will have to take this one to the MSDN site and do a search in the Knowledge Base and *hope* that there is an answer there.<BR><BR>Alternative: Go to one of the MS-sponsored NewsGroups, esp. one that specializes in Access and/or Win2000 and/or ASP-connected-to-databases.<BR><BR>

Richi Guest

Default RE: Setting it all up.

Wondering if you were able to find a solution to your windows2000 and access asp problem, as i am going through the same thing. i was using win98 and pws and there was no problem using the same code... hoping you can engligten me.<BR><BR>thanks and regards<BR>richi