Thread: HELP, IT'S THE 11TH HOUR!!!

Martin Guest

Default HELP, IT'S THE 11TH HOUR!!!

Simple,<BR><BR>How do I connect to an access data base to retreive data, using SQL Server structure but MS Jet? Does anyone have any generic code to verify a user then if verified allow access to other pages on the website. Too, I want to add, delete, and update users via an admin screen. Thanks!

Default So write my code in next 45 minutes!

Let&#039s see *just* want about 9 or 10 ASP pages created that do DB work. And you need it yesterday. No problem, we&#039ve got several super programmers who can do that for you. Cost is about $200 per hour. Better figure on about 40 to 60 hours, minimum.<BR><BR>You *are* kidding about "11th" hour, aren&#039t you?<BR><BR>If you haven&#039t even started yet, then I&#039d just go on vacation and wait for the company to go out of business.<BR><BR>Now, if you want a saner approach--and you don&#039t want to spend those $200 per hour--I would suggest you (a) get a good book on ASP [better: get 3 or 4 books, including one on good DB design]; (b) take yourself off to the web site and work your way through the "Lessons" on databases, validation, and security, at a minimum; (c) come back here in a few weeks, after you have absorbed all that stuff, and ask some *specific* questions.<BR><BR>

Doug Seven Guest

Default RE: HELP, IT'S THE 11TH HOUR!!!

OK...this may or may not are asking a lot in the 11th hour.<BR><BR>First, create a DSN that points to the .MDB file.<BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>Dim cn, rs<BR>Set cn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Set rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR><BR>cn.O pen "DSN=myDSN"<BR>rs.Open "Select * From myTable", cn<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>As for the login. If you are not on a web farm (ie you ARE on a single server...I assume you are since you are using Access), you can do the following.<BR><BR>1. Create a login form.<BR>2. When the user logs in, query to see if they are in your database, and their username and password matches<BR>3. If the vbalidate, set a session variable blnLoggedIn = True<BR>4. Create a server include to check the state of blnLogged in on any page you want to validate them on.<BR><BR>Email me directly if you need sample code.<BR><BR>_____________________________________ _<BR>Doug Seven, MCSD<BR>CodeJunkies.Net /<BR><BR><B R>Two new sites are coming, dedicated exclusively to ASP+. Stay tuned for and, both brought to you exclusively by CodeJunkies.Net.<BR><BR><BR><BR>"Between two evils, I always choose the one I haven&#039t tried."<BR>--Mae West<BR>