Is this possible using ASP?

Thread: Is this possible using ASP?

Default Is this possible using ASP?

Here&#039s what I&#039m trying to do: on the home page a user clicks on a ticket to go to a detail page displaying more information about that ticket. On the detail page that user (from a specific laboratory) needs to not only see the detailed information for that ticket, but needs to be able to navigate through the detail information of all of the related tickets in that laboratory. I have set up a Request.QueryString parameter that passes the ticket ID to the detail page, can I then set up another parameter that will allow the user to view details of all tickets that have the same CUSTID (from the same laboratory)?

Richard L. Guest

Default RE: Is this possible using ASP?

Sure.. assuming you have everything in a database: <BR><BR>If you get the CUSTID and laboratory (ID or name?) from the record containing your first ticket, then you can pass these as parameters of the SQL WHERE clause in a query to return related tickets. Something Like:<BR><BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>yourSQL one = "SELECT * " & _<BR> "FROM yourTableName " & _<BR> "WHERE TKTNO = " Request.Querystring("TKTNO")<BR>set RS1 = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>set RS2 = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>RS1.Open yourSQLone, objConn<BR><BR>yourSQLtwo = "SELECT * " & _<BR> "FROM yourTableName " & _<BR> "WHERE CUSTID = " & RS1("CUSTID") & _<BR> " " & _<BR> "AND labID = " & RS1("labID")<BR>RS2.Open yourSQLtwo, objConn<BR><BR>...well something like that, anyway.<BR><BR><BR><BR>