I am trying to offer various sort options to the user on a table built depending on the value of a querystring. Initially I had no luck at all sorting on the new page--got either BOF or EOF is true...blah blah.<BR><BR>This is my code that generates the querystring:<BR>var strOpen = "access_user.asp?xID=" + userStuff<BR><BR>Then I call the value by request("xID")....<BR><BR>THanks to some advice from the asp board, I had some success with passing the value to the sort options by putting a hidden input field in the form that holds the sort buttons. THis works for the first sort, but once you have sorted by, say Z-A, choosing anohter sort method, say "by Date" causes the same error--the querystring value doesn&#039t reach the sql query. I get this error:<BR>SELECT * FROM marketing_Report_SL WHERE (myMonth = &#039&#039) ORDER BY myUser &#062;&#062;&#062;&#062;this is my response.write mySQl, notice the myMonth value...<BR><BR>ADODB.Recordset error &#039 800a0bcd&#039 <BR><BR>Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted. Requested operation requires a current record. <BR><BR>/SalesLibrary/access_user.asp, line 47