ASP programming

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ASP programming

vandana Guest

Default ASP programming

&nbsp;<BR><BR>I have one computer at home. want to practice for ASP.<BR>Is it possible ? If yes, what tools I can use.<BR>Can you send me some sample.<BR><BR>regards<BR><BR>Vandana

Default RE: ASP programming

You need to download Personal Web Server. This runs on 98 and 95. If you are running either Windows 95 or 98, mosey on over to http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/ie/pws/default.htm so you can download it (it&#039s a free download).<BR><BR>Once you download, install it. It will have a tutorial site. Also you can check out http://4GuysFromRolla.com/webtech/faq for some commonly asked questions and answers for beginners.<BR><BR>Have a great day!

A. Calcaterra Guest

Default How to run locally my Personal Web Server?

Hi all. I did this (WIN95 and PWS) and it -of course- works, but...<BR><BR>...but it looks like I _must_ be connected to some ISP thru a phone, even to code, test, and debug my _local_ ASP pages.<BR><BR>I don&#039t have a modem (or LAN!) at home, and when I tell my<BR>browser to work offline, it will refuse to connect to my (local!) server, which is (in some sense, OK) right there on my "C" disk!<BR>(Of course, if I open my ASPs like files, their code won&#039t run,<BR>it will just be displayed)<BR><BR>What can I do? Stay later in my office and work there? Or buy<BR>a modem just to open some connection that I won&#039t really use? It seems nonsensical, but I haven&#039t found a way out.<BR><BR> Thanks for any hint!

Default RE: How to run locally my Personal Web Server?

You need to tell pws about your web site using the "advanced" icon. From there "add" the directory where your files are. You need to give it a name.<BR><BR>Then, in your browser, the url is http://localhost/chosenwebname/filename.asp or whatever<BR><BR>"localhost" tells the browser that the page is local to your machine, not on the web.<BR>PWS should then serve it up like any other webserver.<BR><BR>Hope this helps

If you use Microsoft Windows 98 Platform, you have to install Personal Web Server. After you install Personal Web Server, there will be additional directory named c:InetPub.<BR>You can put all your web file under wwwroot directory. And before you try you web application you must start Personal Web Server.<BR><BR>If you use Microsoft Windows 2000, I think you didn&#039t need any additional software. Windows 2000 has already installed IIS.<BR><BR><BR>

PWS is no longer at that address. A page about IE 5.5 came up.<BR>Is it because IE 5.5 comes with PWS? I was reading the page, but<BR>didn&#039t see anything about PWS?

Brian Lee Guest

Default A nice free web site that supports ASP

Go to http://www.brinkster.com<BR>-a nice cheap/easy way to learn ASP without bogging down your own computer with a server

I installed PWS and tried to type in the 127.0.0.1/mypage.asp<BR>and a "File Download" dialog pops up. ?? The HTM&#039s work fine.<BR>Why is this? Yea I&#039m new to this.<BR>

I can&#039;t find the Personal Web Server anymore.. Did MS nuke it?

I have the same problem, did you find a solution?