Timing Out When Using ADO ASP Script

Thread: Timing Out When Using ADO ASP Script

David De Bellis Guest

Default Timing Out When Using ADO ASP Script

The following is a very simple ASP script that is supposed to list the Properties Collection of an ADO object.<BR><BR>It works fine BUT. Only the first time it is executed within any given session. If I then request it a second time within the same session my web browser times out. I need to cold boot to get rid of some phantom process that does not close down even if PWS V4 and the web browser and everything else has been closed.<BR><BR>Have I got corrupted software? Is there something I&#039m missing here?<BR><BR>Running PWS 4, Win 98, IE 5.<BR><BR>I am a newcomer to the ASP game! Any help would be appreciated!<BR><BR>Thanks David<BR><BR><BR>-------------------------------------<BR>&#060;%@ Language=VBSCRIPT %&#062;<BR>&#060;% Option Explicit %&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;html&#062;<BR>&#060;head&#062 ;<BR>&#060;title&#062;<BR>Testing Database System Access<BR>&#060;/title&#062;<BR>&#060;/head&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;body&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%< BR><BR>Dim objConn<BR>Dim objProp<BR><BR>Set objConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR><BR>obj Conn.ConnectionString = "DRIVER={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};DBQ=" & Server.MapPath("dbECommerce")<BR>objConn.Open<BR>< BR>For Each objProp in objConn.Properties<BR> Response.Write objProp.Name & ": " & objProp.Value & "<BR>"<BR>Next<BR><BR>objConn.Close<BR>Set objConn = Nothing<BR><BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;/body&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;/html&#062;<BR>------------------------------------------------

Default RE: Timing Out When Using ADO ASP Script

there&#039s a bug with IE5 and PWS - you have to re-install MDAC - the instructions for this are on www.4guysfromrolla.com<BR><BR>just search for IE5 bug<BR><BR>jason

David De Bellis Guest

Default RE: Timing Out When Using ADO ASP Script

Thanks for your help Jason,<BR><BR>But I cant seem to find the reference you gave me.<BR>Could you be more specific?<BR><BR>Thanks again<BR>David