Variable size limitation

Thread: Variable size limitation

Default Variable size limitation

I am passing several variables to a stored procedure on SQL Server 7.0 like so:<BR><BR>Exec sp_StoredProcedureName &#039" & var1 & "&#039,&#039" & var2 & "&#039,&#039" & var3 & "&#039,&#039" & var4 & "&#039,&#039" & var5 & "&#039"<BR><BR>Some of these variables are going into an ntext field in SQL Server, so they can get quite large. When I sum the lengths of all my variables together (length of var1 = 1323, length of var2 = 476, etc), it can be in excess of 2500 characters. From what I can determine, only the first 1841 characters are getting to the stored procedure. <BR><BR>My questions:<BR>1. Does anyone know if there&#039s a limit to the number of characters that can be passed during a stored procedure call?<BR>2. Does anyone know if there&#039s a way to get around such a limit without breaking up the call into separate variables?<BR><BR>Thanks in advance,<BR>Megan

BAHEK Guest

Default RE: Variable size limitation

I&#039m not sure about the size limit.<BR><BR>But you can try to use the ADODB.COMMAND object and set the value of parameters one by one. This might help