Thread: messagebox

progamwiz Guest

Default messagebox

hello....I am in the middle of ASP script and I want to send out a message box to the browser. I thought I could accomplish this with <BR><BR>Response.Write("&#060;scipt&#062;")<BR>Res ponse.Write("msgBox("The Message"")<BR>Response.Write("/&#060;scipt&#062;")<BR><BR>Am I on the right track? Of course it does not work. <BR><BR>Thanks for your help.....

Default RE: messagebox

That should work fine. Assuming that what you want is that *WHEN THE PAGE FINALLY LOADS* into the browser, you want the box to pop up.<BR><BR>Oh, and assuming you would learn how to spell "scRipt". <BR>And assuming that you realized you are supposed to use &#060;/ and *not* /&#060;.<BR><BR>If you typed the middle line nearly exactly as you showed, then the problem might be your " marks. In order to embed a " inside a pair of "..." marks, you have to double it up. <BR><BR>Note that you really shouldn&#039t put the argument to Response.Write in parentheses. It&#039s a SUB call, not a function. (It doesn&#039t hurt, for esoteric reasons, but why code what is neither needed nor wanted?)<BR><BR> <BR><BR>Response.Write "&#060;scRipt&#062;"<BR>Response.Write "msgBox(""The Message"")"<BR>Response.Write "&#060;/&#060;scRipt&#062;"<BR><BR><BR>

programwiz Guest

Default RE: messagebox

Bill, <BR><BR>You always answer with such passion and vigor. I will give your suggestion a try and no...I did not have the typo&#039s...<BR><BR>wiz