Disabling the "Back" button

Thread: Disabling the "Back" button

Oleg Star Guest

Default Disabling the "Back" button

Hi,<BR>Is there a way to clear the list of previous sites in the "Back" button? I want to stop the users from getting back to the page they already submitted.<BR>Thank you in advance

Default RE: Disabling the

You could just use a flag variable. If the page is submitted completly set the flag to true. If they use the back button with the flag set to true the form page could just redirect them, or give them a message.

Vipul Desai Guest

Default RE: Disabling the Back Button

Interesting idea, but could someone tell me how they would trap for the user clicking on the Back Button.<BR><BR>&#062;&#062; Vipul

Vipul Desai Guest

Default RE: Disabling the Back Button

Interesting idea, but could someone tell me how they would trap for the user clicking on the Back Button.<BR><BR>&#062;&#062; Vipul

Oleg Star Guest

Is there somewhere I could read about it?<BR>What flag variable?<BR>My form has a "Submit" button and if the user submits once - he can always click on "Back" and click my "Submit" button again.<BR>Maybe this has something to do with the caching of the page?<BR>Thanks...<BR>

pg1.asp has the form that is submitted<BR>pg2.asp is the page receiving the data<BR>In pg1.asp add:<BR>response.expires=0<BR>if session("baduser")=true then<BR>response.redirect("pg2.asp")<BR>end if<BR><BR>In pg2.asp add:<BR>session("baduser")=true<BR><BR>User submits pg1.asp, then session var is set to true. If a user goes back to pg1, they are redirected to pg2