need help! big trouble

Thread: need help! big trouble

Default need help! big trouble

I just tested my registration page on Netscape and I get follwing error. I am sending automail to user with login and password after they&#039ve registered using CDONTS. code below<BR><BR><BR><BR>&#060;p&#062;Microsoft VBScript runtime &#060;/font&#062; &#060;font face="Arial" size=2&#062;error &#039 800a0046&#039&#060;/font&#062;<BR>&#060;p&#062;<BR>&#060;font face="Arial" size=2&#062;Permission denied&#060;/font&#062;<BR>&#060;p&#062;<BR>&#060;font face="Arial" size=2&#062;/processregister.asp&#060;/font&#062;&#060;font face="Arial" size=2&#062;, line 196<BR><BR>this is the code<BR>Set objCDOMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.NewMail")<BR> objCDOMail.From = ""<BR> objCDOMail.To = REQUEST("EMAIL")<BR> objCDOMail.Subject = " " & session("id")<BR> <BR> objCDOMail.Body = "Thank you for registering at!! " + chr(10) + chr(10) + _<BR> "Your login is: " + request("login") + chr(10) + _<BR> "Your password is: " + request("password") + chr(10) + _<BR> "If there is anything that we can do for you please contact our sales department at, " + chr(10) + _<BR> "Please visit us again at" + chr(10) + _<BR> " "<BR> <BR> objCDOMail.Send<BR> Set objCDOMail = Nothing<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR><BR>What does this error &#039permission denied&#039 means. IE works ok.<BR><BR>Thanks<BR><BR>

Markkk Guest

Default RE: need help! big trouble

What exactly is line 196?<BR><BR>Do you get the same error message using MSIE? If not, you might have an authentication problem. You may want to check your authentication requirements for your page. Keep in mind that MSIE supports NT Challenge/Response authentication, navigator doesn&#039t. You may have to activate Basic Authentication, or Anonymous Authentication. Also, make sure that the authenticated account (or default anonymous account, usually IUSR_machinename)has appropriate NTFS permissions to perform the task called for in your script.

Asp_IN_2_2nds Guest

Default RE: need help! big trouble

Security settings in Netscape are different then sec. settings for the IE 4.0 or 5.0, therefore the result is sometimes unpredictable.<BR>Unless You are a Current user with a valid address on Netscape it<BR>will not let you relay messages..<BR><BR>Good luck<BR><BR>