Curious bug

Thread: Curious bug

Ben Moxon Guest

Default Curious bug

I have been connecting to a database using a dsnless connection -<BR><BR>conn = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)};"<BR>conn = conn & "DBQ= " & server.mappath("/database/dbname.mdb") & ";"<BR><BR>And when I tried to run a query through it, it crashed, announcing:<BR><BR>Provider error &#039 80004005&#039 <BR><BR>Unspecified error <BR><BR>Default.asp, line 16 <BR><BR>I thought this was a bit funny because I couldn&#039t see what was wrong so I added a line in to check what I had written as the connection name:<BR><BR>response.write conn<BR><BR>This went after the lines above but before anything else. Lo and behold not only did conn look normal, but now the script worked as expected. So I took out the response.write and it broke again.<BR><BR>What on earth is going on?<BR>

Ben Moxon Guest

Default RE: Curious bug - timeout problem?

After a while more messing I have noticed that actually it has nothing to do with response.writes, that was just an uncanny co-incidence. The problem seems to be that the database will only let me access it once every few minutes. <BR><BR>I&#039m still confused.