I get the error message "ADO could not find specified provider." This is preceded by "ADODB.Connection error &#039 800a0e7a&#039" I have gone through several installs and/or removals and/or reinstalls of PWS (Windows NT4 Option Pack), FrontPage 2000, Visual C++ 6.0, Visual Interdev from Studio 97, Visual Basic 5.0 and IE5.0. I suspect that all of these may have had various versions of OLE DB and ODBC etc. Once upon a time I could reach my data source with: Call dbconn.Open ("Name", "", ""). Then I started getting a "Library not registered" error on a previous line: Set dbConn = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection"). I seemed to have solved this problem by uninstalling and reinstalling PWS, but now I get the "can&#039t find provider" error. I&#039ve tried every version of the connection string in the Open command that I&#039ve found references to, using DSN, Driver or OLE DB provider, e.g. dbconn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.51";Data Source=path". I&#039ve used 3.5, 3.51, and 4.0 in the OLE DB string. When I&#039ve used DSN, I&#039ve checked and rechecked the spelling of the DSN name against what my ODBC Source Administrator control says.<BR> My suspicion is that OLE DB is not properly installed or registered. I find msdadc.dll and a slew of msda*.dll files, which I understand to be the components of OLE DB, under "/Program Files/Common Files/System/Ole db", but only .cab versions of such things anywhere else. Is this where they should be? Do they need to be registered, where and how? How about compatiblity between these files and Odbc*.dll files? <BR><BR>Meanwhile being new ASP, I&#039m surprised how fragile the identification of the driver to connect to a database is. On another machine with another installaition of PWS a provider name of "Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.3.5" worked but the same name with 3.51 and 4.0 didn&#039t work. Is there a best strategy for naming the provider so the next update of Front Page or whatever won&#039t make my ASP pages with hard coded provider names break?