PWS Problem

Thread: PWS Problem

Shrikanth Kannan Guest

Default PWS Problem

I have installed PWS and Interdev at my place, everything is working fine, but the only thing that is giving problem is when i give a statement like --&#062; &#060;%rs.<BR>it does not display the properties or method of the particular object, which it normallly does in VB, if u can pls help in how to get the method/properties of the objects, is there anything that i have to set in pws or visual interdev.<BR><BR>thanx in advance<BR>shrikanth<BR><BR><BR><BR>

2. #2 Guest

Default RE: PWS Problem

I think you are talking about the auto-complete feature of vb and other ms visual studio programs.<BR><BR>If that is the case, then if you have a dim statement for the variable rs, then when you set that variable equal to an object and you then type "rs." the list of methods and properties come up. The sequence of program statements then needs to be in a certain order, e.g.:<BR>&#060;%<BR>dim rs<BR>set rs=server.createobject("ADODB.RecordSet")<BR>rs.Op en SQL_String, Conn, 2,3,1<BR>%&#062;<BR><BR>If you type rs. after that then the list of methods/props for recordset will appear. If you were to set the object in a subroutine then the list fails. Also I have had cases where it has been working, then I add one statement and it fails. I think this may be because the interpreter cannot deal with all the complexities of a script.