password protection

Thread: password protection

Default password protection

hello, i&#039ve got a problem with password protecting webpages and especially a database. i hoop someone can help me, since i&#039m new to asp programming. I am following the sample by Corin Martens "Creating a Database-Driven Login Page" and "User Registration" and can&#039t get it to work, i&#039ve tried everything.The problem seems to be, that i can&#039t set the userlevels. <BR> <BR>Every time i place the follow line on a webpage <BR><BR>&#060;%<BR>If Session("userLevel")&#060; &#039 1&#039 Then<BR> Response.Redirect "loginpage.asp?" & Request.ServerVariables("SCRIPT_NAME")<BR>End If <BR>%&#062; <BR><BR>it doesn&#039t do anything. Besides this when i call the registration file an error like:<BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers fout &#039 80040e10&#039 <BR>[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access-stuurprogramma] there are to less parameters. It expects: 1. <BR>/register.asp, regel 55 <BR><BR>and the inlogfile doesn&#039t reconise existing user in the database.<BR><BR>I&#039m hoping someone can lent me a hand.<BR>

Default RE: password protection

show us the code that does the database connection, esp. the line that causes the error - it&#039s useful<BR><BR>jason