Emailing form results

Thread: Emailing form results

Default Emailing form results

Got some good ideas from one of the articles here entitled "Mailing Form results" which uses CDO to send the results of a form. The problem is I can&#039t get the results to show up in a particular order. I want to send the results to others as well as myself so I&#039d like the order of the list to make some sense. Thanks for the help.

Jason Buck Guest

Default RE: Emailing form results

If you are pull the name you want to send to from a database,<BR><BR>All you have to do is create a form with a textarea. Post the form to the following page and I will send the textarea contents to all of the email addresses in the db.<BR><BR>I hope this helps. Respectfully, Jason webmaster@wnj.com<BR>&#039********************CODE BELOW<BR>&#060;%@ LANGUAGE=VBSCRIPT %&#062;<BR>&#060;html&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;head&#062 ;<BR>&#060;title&#062;Sending Your Email Message&#060;/title&#062;<BR>&#060;style&#062; <BR>BODY {font-family:"Arial"; font-size:12; font-weight:normal}<BR>.intro {font-family:"Arial"; font-size:14; font-weight:bold} <BR>&#060;/style&#062;<BR>&#060;/head&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;body&#062;<BR><BR>&#060;%< BR>strmailmsg = request.form("mailmsg")<BR>strdbmailmsg = replace(strmailmsg, "&#039", "&#039&#039")<BR><BR><BR>strConnect = "Driver={Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb)}; DBQ=C:databasemailer.mdb"<BR><BR>dim objconn, objrec, mysql, strStatus, Mytest, strLength<BR>set objconn = server.createobject("ADODB.Connection")<BR><BR><BR >objConn.open strConnect<BR><BR><BR>mysql = "SELECT tbleMail.emailaddress, tbleMail.emailname FROM tbleMail ORDER BY emailaddress;"<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>set rstemp=objConn.execute(mysql)<BR><BR><BR><BR>If not rstemp.eof then<BR><BR> Do While Not rstemp.EOF<BR><BR><BR> <BR> <BR>strename = rstemp("emailname")<BR><BR>strTo = rstemp("emailaddress") &#039get message strings from Request <BR>strFrom = "Client" <BR>strSubject = "Bulk Email"<BR>strBody = strmailmsg<BR><BR>Response.Write "Sending email to: &#060;B&#062;" & strename & "&#060;/B&#062; .. <BR>"<BR><BR>Set objMail = Server.CreateObject("CDONTS.Newmail")<BR>objMail.T o = strTo &#039set &#039To&#039 address<BR>objMail.From = strFrom &#039set &#039From&#039 address<BR>objMail.Value("Reply-To") = strFrom &#039set &#039Reply to&#039 address<BR>objMail.Subject = strSubject &#039set the subject line<BR>objMail.Body = strBody &#039set the message content<BR>objMail.Send &#039and send the message<BR>Set objMail = Nothing &#039then destroy the component<BR><BR> rstemp.movenext<BR><BR>Loop<BR><BR>End if<BR><BR><BR> rstemp.close<BR> <BR><BR>Set rstemp = nothing<BR>objConn.close<BR>Set objConn = nothing<BR><BR>%&#062;<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>&#060;/p&#062;<BR>&#060;/body&#062;<BR>&#060;/html&#062;<BR><BR><BR>