Oracle data base problem

Thread: Oracle data base problem

Default Oracle data base problem

Hi,<BR><BR>Here i am having some problem, while connecting to the oracle data base. It is giving the following error.<BR><BR>Can some one tell me where can get the good material for Oracle data base & ASP. <BR><BR><BR>Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error &#039 80040e4d&#039 <BR><BR>[Oracle][ODBC Oracle Driver][Oracle OCI]ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied. <BR><BR>/WORMCHART/Default.asp, line 13 <BR><BR>Actually my client is using the Different data base, but it is similar to the oracle.<BR><BR>Here is the code what i wrote.<BR><BR>Dim Conn<BR>Dim rst<BR><BR>set Conn = server.CreateObject("ADODB.Connection")<BR>Conn.Op en "DSN=kellygold",UID = "Uday", PWS="Kumar"<BR><BR>set rst = server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")<BR>strQuery = "Select * from item where part = KC135"<BR>rst.Open strQuery,Conn<BR><BR>can some one can help me out why this problem is coming. It is saying the invalid password. <BR><BR>But if i want to long on to the data base i am giving the same password and userid. if i give that it is connecting to the database there i can write all queries and all.<BR><BR>If u need some more info, i am ready to supply.<BR><BR>Pls can some one can help me out.<BR><BR>Have a nice time,<BR><BR>Uday.<BR>

Default RE: Oracle data base problem

Hello, <BR>If you haven&#039t already, go through the following article.<BR><BR><BR>Also, make sure that the odbc driver your using is the correct one for your data source. <BR><BR>Hope this helps<BR>-Joan