Creating a Database-Driven Login Page

Thread: Creating a Database-Driven Login Page

Default Creating a Database-Driven Login Page

I followed the example for a database-driven login page. I&#039m creating a client login to view laboratory data - I set up the login page to dynamically generate links to a results page based on the client who logs in to the page. The resulting ASP page URL looks something like this:<BR><BR>http://..../labresults?Client=Washington<BR><BR>with the client name (washington) based on the name the client logs in with. On the results page I don&#039t want one client to be able to swap out thier name and switch it to another client and view thier data, so I set up a session variable that stores the name of the client who logs in - The query for lab results will not run unless the session(client) is equal to the request.querystring(client):<BR><BR>If (Request.QueryString("Client") &#060;&#062; "") and Session("userClient") = (Request.QueryString("Client")) then Recordset1__MMColParam = Request.QueryString("Client")<BR><BR>This method works seems to work fine in Netscape 4.7, but the page does not work in Internet Explorer - I think that IE isn&#039t storing the session variables, and thus always redirecting the client, even if logged in properly.<BR><BR>Are suggestions would be greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>Thank you,<BR><BR>Brendon<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>

Default RE: Creating a Database-Driven Login Page

I have two suggestions:<BR><BR>1) Use the Trim Function when comparing the two strings<BR><BR>2) Insert the following code before you do the compare and see what the result is:<BR><BR>Response.write "xx" & Trim(Session("userClient") & "xx" & "<BR>"<BR><BR>Response.End<BR><BR>This way you can see if there is a problem with your session or not.